Monday, May 23, 2011

Biking Perspective

On my worst biking day, I have had flat tires, chains that slipped, and forks that bent.  I have ridden straight into the most ridiculous head-wind that ever was and prayed to have enough strength to make it to the next turn in the road.  I have dodged cars whose drivers thought I was invisible and pedaled my little legs off to escape the wrath of some stupid dog that decided I could be his next snack.  In the chilly weather of February as well as the hot and humid weather of August, I have ridden.  And survived!  

On my best biking day, I have flown with the wind at my back, pushing me on to the next place.  I have sailed down the hill at the bike path going 22 mph and loved every minute of it.  I witnessed a driver stop a line of 8 cars behind him as he stopped and allowed me to cross in front of him.  He didn't need to do so, he just did!  And I have felt the exhilarating feeling of getting off my bike at the end of a ride, knowing that I made it!  

Bicycling is just like anything else in life.  The "bad" comes with the "good".  If you keep everything in perspective, it really doesn't seem so bad after all.  Bicycling is my passion-I hope you have something you love to do as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment