Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 1- June 4, 2011- The Colorado border, near Tribune, Ks. to Scott City, Ks.

June 4, 2011
First leg of the BAK
Near the Colorado-Kansas border in the town of Tribune, Ks.  
End destination for the first day, Scott City
Total distance, starting at the Colorado/Kansas border and ending at Scott City, Ks is 63 miles.


I'm riding the first day of this journey to honor my two very good friends, Ron and Bob.  We put in lots of miles on our bicycles during 1986-1987.  All 3 of us decided to do our first BAK together in June of 1987.  Unfortunately, for me, I had to drop out of the BAK after riding the first 46 miles of day 1.  I always promised those two guys that someday I would go back and do the whole thing.  Well, Ron and Bob, this is the year that Peggy Miller is going to make good on that promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment