Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 4-June 7, 2011-Hoisington, Ks. to McPherson, Ks.

The fourth day of the Bike Across Kansas, June 5th is a 74 mile ride from Hoisington to McPherson.  This should be a "make or break" day for me as a rider.  I'm hoping to have "hit the wall" before I enter McPherson County.  If I haven't, I may find it quite tempting to just head south towards Hutch and Reno County and call it "quits".  Praying for that NOT to happen so I'll be needing all of you good folks out there to send up special prayers and petitions for my spirit to not be broken!  

I am riding this day in honor of the memory of my dear brother, Mike Scott, who died from ALS in 2007.  He went through so much in the very short time that he suffered the symptoms of ALS.  Despite all of it, he never gave up.  He chose to LIVE his life until the moment that he took his last breath.  Mike, I promise you that I too, will stay strong until the end.  You can count on your little sister to follow your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment