Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 5-June 8,2011 -McPherson, Ks. to Cottonwood Falls, Ks.

Traveling from McPherson to Cottonwood Falls on Day #5 will be a 64-mile journey for us.  We'll be entering the hillier part of the trip at this time.  Hoping that the Flint Hills look as good from the seat of a bicycle as they do riding along at 65 mph in a car.  


I'm riding this day in honor of a dear friend from the days of my youth back in Haven, Ks.  Dennis Ulrey, this day is for you.  My t-shirt sleeve carries the message "U-turns allowed."  Dennis has spent a great deal of his adult life helping people to make the U-turns needed to change their lives for the better.  Having made several of those U-turns myself, I am most grateful that there are people out there just like Dennis who help all of us along the way.  Proud to call you my friend, Dennis Ulrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment