Sunday, May 22, 2011

FAQ

Once, a good friend asked me what I did when I rode a bike.....did I look at the scenery, what did I think about?  It's actually a good question to ask, especially since, at times, I'm on a bike for a couple of hours at a time.  Here was my response to him.....


While I am on a bike, I solve all the problems of the world, at least in my little part of it.  I talk to myself, a lot, about things that are bugging me.  I ask myself how I feel about certain things going on in my life.  I question myself-and sometimes "myself" doesn't like all the questions that it is receiving.  So, instead of arguing with myself, I just change the subject!


I notice scenery, but not the "big picture" kind of scenery that we normally think of. Instead,  I appreciate the smallest of flowers, the pictures that the clouds make in the sky, the stillness of the air.  I see everything from the seat of a bicycle that I normally miss as I fly by in a car.  


And I use the quiet time, the "away from people" time, to catch up on visits with God.  I know some would consider "prayer" from the seat of bicycle to be rather unorthodox.  But I know, somewhere in "The Good Book", it says 'Peggy, I will hear you even if you call my name while you are riding your bike.'  Maybe not those exact words, but you get the idea.  


The world looks so different from the seat of a bicycle.  I think it looks better.....



No comments:

Post a Comment