Monday, May 30, 2011

How this all got started in the first place.....

It's kind of weird how people seem to "pop into" your life at just the right time.  That's what happened with these two guys-my good friends, Ron Ratzlaff (l) and Bob Hunter (r).  We have known one another now for over 25 years.  When we all met, back in 1986, we became friends who had one thing in common....our love for cycling.  We rode hundreds of miles together during the 1986 season and made the decision to ride the BAK together in 1987.  Well Bob and Ron did great... Peggy , not so great! In 2011, the "baby of the group" is ready to keep her promise.  When I make it to Scott City, Ks. on June 4th, I will have done so for them!  Thank you Ron and Bob for "saving me from myself" those many long years ago.  The 3 of us got a lot older but with a decent head start, we could still probably outride someone!  lol  


No comments:

Post a Comment