Sunday, July 17, 2011

I lack nothing

It's on days like these that I have to keep remembering my blessings instead of constantly whining about the weather.  But when day after day after day in south central Kansas has temps of over 100 degrees and absolutely no rain, it's a little harder.  I have now become the "best friend" of my arch-enemies "The Squirrel Family" and daily try to provide some type of way for them to get cool as well.  

And if I remember to count my blessings, I will surely remember my facebook friends.  Recently, 3 of them helped me out with #6 on the Miller Bucket List....."to buy each of my facebook friends something to drink."  Here they are-I'd love for you to know them.  They are good people!


This wonderful lady is my very good friend, Pat Lillard.  Pat and I go waaay back to the days of life at Burrton Grade School and teachers like Jo Marmont and Irene Thompson.  We didn't know each other personally back then, but in later years we caught up with one another when we were both teachers at Avenue A Elementary. Pat is someone that I look to as a "mentor teacher"-she has helped me out more times than I care to remember!  
This is my favorite picture of Pat and I.  Those two little cute babies are the Harris twins...I've got Ben and Pat has Kate.  We were practicing our "grandmother" skills that day!  Hard to believe that photo was taken almost 2 years ago now.  Hey, I think we look like we know what we are doing!  :)

Meet Haddie Kent and her little sister, Kinley.  Haddie and I have known one another since she was in the pre-k class at Avenue A.  We actually got to spend a fair amount of time together since her grandma is my good friend and co-teacher, Pat Lillard.  It's been kind of nice to have Haddie as my friend on Facebook.  Her posts help keep me "in the loop" on what happens in the lives of soon-to-be 6th graders.  

Recently Haddie went with me to the YMCA to work on swimming skills.  We had a great time just hanging around in the 4 foot water area and talking about life and what it's like to be a kid today.  I'm a firm believer in the fact that most of us "old people" (that would be me) need to stay in better touch with what is happening in the lives of our youth.  They have so many great ideas and thoughts about life and if we just take time to LISTEN to them, we might learn a thing or two ourselves.


I just love this guy!  This "kid" is my nephew, Christopher Scott of Haven.  Ok, so he's really NOT a kid but in his Aunt Peggy's mind and heart, he will always be that little fellow that I knew so very long ago.  Christopher works for the City of Haven and spends his days traveling the streets of Haven running the trash truck.  He has a kind heart and a good soul.  We had fun last night, and for the price of a diet dr. pepper, we shared a lot of life's meaning!  :)  Love you Christopher!


Oh for the good old days...when little kids could go to Grandma Scott's house and be spoiled silly just in time to be given back to their parents.  Here are Christopher and his sister, Jessica and my oldest son, Ricky.  
I now live in the same house where this photo was taken well over 28 years ago now...If I listen carefully, I can still almost hear the voices of those little kids playing in this house.  :)

Life has been so good to me-the heat and drought will end sometime...I don't believe it will go on forever.  I am well-cared for and I lack for nothing this day.  I pray the same for you friends......don't give up hope, ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment