Sunday, January 29, 2012

John Denver - Matthew (All Around the World Live)



There are many days when the words of others can send a much more profound blog message than I could ever attempt to...So on this January 29, 2012 I say "Happy Birthday #151" to my home state of Kansas! The late John Denver's voice in his wonderful song "Matthew" says it all.  :)

When my great-great-great grandparents, Ham and Eliza Brown left their home in London, England in the early 1800's to come to the "new country of America", little did their realize that the generations that would follow them would call the state of Kansas their home.  So very thankful that my ancestors put down their deep "Quaker roots" in Harvey County, Kansas.  Equally grateful for my parents who chose to raise me and my 6 siblings in this wonderful place that I have called "home" for all of my 56 years.

The name of "Peggy Ann Scott Miller" is written deep into the soil here in permanent black marker.  When I die, my earthly remains shall be laid to rest next to my great-great grandmother in a tiny Quaker Cemetery just outside of the city of Halstead, Ks.  Having been here forever, don't see much need to take out for any other "points unknown."  :)

My dear friends, no matter where you call "home" I pray that you feel as at peace there as I do here in the state of Kansas.  Have a wonderful day my Facebook family and friends. And if you've never been here to see what it's really like, well then what are you waiting for?  Here's your invitation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment