Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Wishing" life away

The VERY first thought that popped into my mind today as I reached over and shut my alarm off this morning at 4:30 was this~"I WISH THIS WEEKEND WAS OVER ALREADY.  I WISH THIS WAS MONDAY AND I WAS SITTING IN THE CAST ROOM GETTING THIS THING OFF OF ME!"  And you know friends, I really meant it too~I wasn't kidding.  I would have been willing to forego the 48 hours of this weekend, give up every opportunity to be blessed by something happening to me (both the good and the bad) just to get this "25 pound exoskeleton" off of my arm!  And the more I've thought about it, the more I realized just how much of my life I've already "wished away" in my impatience to get to the next point in time.  And the truth is, that sobering thought fills me with regret and makes me wonder what I might have already given up, what I already may have missed.  


My friends, I can only speak for myself here but some of you reading this may well say to yourself "Yep, that's me too!"  And if you can say so, rest assured that you are probably in some pretty good company.  We've all been there and done that.  From saying on the WORST Tuesday at work ever, "I just wish it was Friday!" to wishing for the day to come for a better paying and more prestigious job, a bigger and finer house, a dream vacation, or a safe and secure retirement....there probably isn't a one of us "not guilty" of wishing away the very days given to us to enjoy in the meantime.


If I truly believe the words that I've written (and I DO by the way) then I have to also believe that something very good is waiting for me during the course of the 48 hours that lie ahead of me.  And surprise, surprise~whatever that unknown blessing might be, I'm going to experience it with "old lefty" still tucked safe and sound inside its powder blue cast.  


So, let the weekend begin and may my eyes be open to see just what it is that God has in store for me.  Personally (and I just got a chill down my spine) I think something pretty dang amazing  is in store for me.  May the same be said for each and every one of you!




My 3 sisters and I...one of the last photos of "old lefty" as it used to look.  I've been blessed a "thousand fold" since that photo was taken 3 days before my accident last year.  Glad that I didn't wish it all away  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment