Friday, February 10, 2012

Jim Croce - I Got a Name (1973)



There's nothing even remotely profound on my mind this evening...just thankful that the long week is over finally!  Been blessed more times than I can count or even remember, "old lefty" is sure trying to be on the mend, and come tomorrow at noon, I'll be back in the water again trying to figure out this thing they call swimming.  I have all I need in this life and then some!

Jim Croce was one of my favorite singers from the time of my high school and college years.  What a shame to have lost him, just like so many others, in a plane crash in Louisiana in September of 1973.  Every generation has their own "favorite" singers/musicians/song writers.  For me and my generation, children of the "70's", Jim Croce was one of them.  My favorite of his songs, but they were ALL good, "I've Got a Name".

Thankful to my folks for giving me MY name, Peggy Ann Scott.  That's who I will always be~Good night friends and may you have a great sleep with lots of good dreams.  The weekend awaits us....please enjoy every single minute of it.  You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment