Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time to go.....

Just a short message tonight, with less than 48 hours before we pull out of here and head east towards a new home, a new life, and a new community--Valley Center, Kansas.  The past 24 hours have been wild and crazy, with little sleep and rest for any of the folks living here at this home on 14th Street.  Between my two sons, Ricky and Grahame, we were able to load up the UHaul this afternoon, filling it to the brim.  Even as "high and tight"  as former Gov. Bill Graves would have wanted it to be packed, we eventually realized that this is going to be a "2 trip" move.  For all of the blessings that God has given this family, we are thankful for the necessity of the extra load.  It's all in your perspective, I believe.


We won't have internet access here much past tomorrow so I decided to make one last post before we left on Saturday morning.  I am excited about the move to Valley Center and really anxious to find out what it is that might well be waiting for me there.  I have met 7 people in all now so it's not like I'm going to a place where EVERYONE is a stranger.  Valley Center has much to offer the folks that live there and I've already seen many things that have caught my interest.  I'm going to make it fine there and please, I say to you again there is no need to worry for me.  After "old lefty's" journey, I am afraid of nothing.  


I've lived all 56 years of my life in Reno County~half of them in my hometown of Haven and the other half in the Hutchinson community.  I have always considered it to be a tremendous blessing to say I am from here.  I'm not leaving because I don't want to live here any longer....I'm leaving because there is a place I wish to live in even more.  If you call either of those two great places, Haven or Hutch your "home", then you are indeed fortunate my friends.  Don't ever forget that or take it for granted.


It's time to say "Good-Bye 304 East 14th Street, Hutchinson, KS."  If a place could save my life, well then this little white house with pink trim did just that.  So house, I say "thank you"....you reached into the depths of my sadness and loneliness and you saved ME.  I'm "ok" now and ready to move on.  I believe I can make it on my own now, with all thanks to you.  


Good Night Everyone!  I love you guys all....I could never have asked for better friends than you are.
Holy Moley...glad I am not wearing a cast these past few days...now that would have been tricky, at best.  "Old lefty" is getting stronger every day and that's a good thing.  If arms could talk, I'm sure it would be saying...."leave it to me right arm, I can do this."  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment