Monday, August 26, 2013

What will your year have brought you?

Just a short message this morning, dear friends and family with the hopes that your day will be one of peace, joy and love.  If obstacles should get in your way, I hope you can overcome them by either going around them, over them, or by plowing right straight through them.  I've got a few of them facing me today and I hope to be able to remember that good advice I just gave you.  :)  

With less than 125 days remaining in the year 2013, do you ever wonder what you will remember this year for?  Mine has seen a couple of changes, here and there.  How about you?  My advice via this online blog, this bucket list journey of mine has always been and forever will be the same~Live your life to its fullest.  Live each day as if it were your last one.  Do not look back because the future isn't going to be found behind us all. 

On the last day of the year of 2012, my blog post was a pictorial one of all the interesting and fun things that happened to me along the 365 days that made up the year.  I'm reprinting it below if you would care so to read.  I think that my blog post of 2013 will be a little different, but it will be filled with the things that I felt to be the most important of each of my days.  The clock on the wall says "TIME TO GET TO SCHOOL PEGGY!" and so off to find another day of adventure with fourth graders is at hand.  Take care all of you and remember to do something really good for yourself today, no matter what it takes!  Have a good Monday because it's August 26th, 2013 and a great day to be alive in.  Rejoice and give thanks!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Good bye 2012! Memorable moments in photos

Late January, LAST cast finally came off for poor "old lefty"!  Another 8 weeks in a long arm, hot neon  pink, "get the heck out of the way" splint.

Mid-February~having fun looking through all of the old records I had and bemoaning the fact that I could no longer listen to them. (All I had to do was wait a bit...it all changed for me, thanks to my dear friends Amy, Michael and Jan :)  Developing my "over my dead body pile!

Late March-"old lefty's" 9 month saga on the road to getting better was finally done!  Dr. Chan pronounced it as "good as it will ever get".  No more casts, no more splints :)

Mid-April-went to Mennonite Relief Sale with $500 in hand to bid on this beautiful blue quilt.  Realized when it was all over, that I was about $500 too short :(  Next year..... Just wait cause I'll be back!


Last part of May-a peaceful moment in time along the way to find my first lighthouse ever.  Owego, NY  Flowers left there in remembrance of two very special people in this life, no longer with us.




Last day of May-I found it!  The Portland Head Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.  The dream of my whole lifetime was finally realized!

June-the front porch of "home, sweet home" on 14th Street in Hutchinson, Kansas.

July 4th-My first big ride since getting hurt...the 20 mile Sterling Bike Hike

First week in August-after a summer of drought conditions, we woke up to one heck of a "gully washer" in our part of the country.  How nice to see the water standing in the streets as we all woke up that day.

First week of September- My infamous attempt at being the Kansas State Fair Spelling Bee Champion-went out rather quickly it seemed.  Don Etchison, former teaching colleague at Yoder Grade School and fellow participant that day.

Mid-October~at the Haven Fall Festival with 3 of the best friends a person could ever ask for.  Annetta, Toni and Joyce.  Sitting in our "usual" spot in front of the old Grier Pharmacy building.


First of November-chasing the sunset in the last moments of the day.  From the top of Rayl's Hill, Hutchinson, Kansas.  God's handiwork at its finest of hours~

December-so thankful for a job that I love to go to each day.  What a blessing~I love being called "teacher".

Happy New Year 2013 to all of you out there.  God's blessings be upon all of you, my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment