Saturday, October 12, 2013

It was surely worth it~

   

If for some reason I was unable to make another blog post again, I would want you to know how very happy I was last evening as this picture was being taken.  See those 17 people standing alongside me?  They were the friends of my youth, through thick and thin and for better or worse, the class of 1973 pretty much stuck together.  When we all got together last night at the annual Haven High School Alumni banquet, many of us had not seen one another for 40 years.  Yet, to hear us laughing and remembering the great times we had there, you would never know it.  It was as if it were only yesterday. 

There were times during the over 600 mile journey that it took to get here from Montrose that I wondered if the travelling would be worth it.  Why on earth would have I ever doubted?  It was MORE than worth it.  Tomorrow we have to go back home again but between now and then, I intend to store up as many memories as I can and take them back to Colorado with me in my heart.   

I always knew that I was blessed.  Last night I felt the fullness of those blessings as I spent the evening with the finest graduating class ever to come from Haven High School, followed closely behind by all of the others of course.  I love them, one and all.  Have a great Saturday everyone and best wishes to you all from me, here in south central Kansas!


"Friends, I will remember you, think of you and pray for you.  And when another day is through, I'll still be friends with you."  -The late John Denver

A few of the girls~Cindy, Betty Ann, Barbara, myself, Kathy and Janis

A few of the guys~Lyndon, Tony, Steve and Larry

Standing alongside this other guy that I know from the "land of long ago and far, far away"~the blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment