Sunday, August 30, 2015

~and so I guess that time will tell~

     From along the Red River and upon the north Texas plains, good morning dear friends and family.  Welcome to the second to the last day of August for 2015.  Where in the world all the days of summer went, the good Lord above only knows.  It's been a fast one for sure.  The calendar upon the wall is getting ready to turn over a new page to the beautiful month of September.  Even though time passes way too quickly for me, it is what it is and they call it "life".

     I love September and the changes that it begins to bring to us.  My favorite season of them all, autumn, arrives at month's end.  Even though that wonderful time of year lasts just as long as all the other seasons do, for some reason it never seems like it lasts long enough.  The brilliant leaves that daily begin to transition to their true colors never cease to amaze me.  Although I love Kansas trees in fall, some of the most beautiful ones I have seen in my life were found in our old home back in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.  I will miss seeing them change their appearance this year.



These beautiful ones were nearby Olathe, Colorado and I got to see them every single day as I went to and from school.
Mike and I saw these one day when we went up to Telluride for the afternoon to look around one Saturday.
This was my favorite photo of trees from back in Montrose, Colorado.  I was heading to the store one day after school and came across these over on Niagra Street.  The clouds were in a "just right" kind of position and the sun was shining down upon the trees.  It was a perfect picture.

     Summer's heat will sooner or later begin to give way to the cooler and crisper weather of fall and I guess it would be the greatest understatement of the year to say that I am ready for it.  I'm thinking that I am speaking for just about everyone around here.  There's nothing quite like that first morning when you walk out the door and realize that a light jacket would probably be in order for the day.  I can't wait!

     Mike and I are both wondering what our first fall and subsequent winter will be like here in Texas.  We've heard from the locals that when a half-inch of snow falls down that people get all excited.  Where we come from, that would be considered a "not so much" kind of moment.  One thing is for sure.

     I guess time will tell.


We came upon this magnificent sight one autumn Saturday morning just west of Ridgeway, Colorado.  A good friend from school framed this picture for me and it hangs on our wall here on the plains.  


Here we are on the day that this whole new adventure began and much has happened to us in the 3 months that quickly have followed.  

     

    

     



No comments:

Post a Comment