Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday morning~4:30 a.m.

4:30 a.m.

Good morning dear friends and family out there~

The rain returned again overnight, further filling up the streams, brooks, ponds, lakes, and rivers of this part of the country.  We give thanks always for this gift of water.  Last night Mike and I made the trip up north a mile or two with the purpose in mind of checking on how high the mighty Red River was running yesterday.  We were not surprised at all to see its condition.

This photo was taken about 9 hours ago and with the rain that arrived overnight, one can only imagine what it must look like now.

Yesterday morning as I drove to school, I did so with even more caution than I normally do.  Usually I am on the lookout for deer or herds of wild hogs that are wandering across the roadway.  I come across more than my share of them as well as an assortment of dead/alive skunks, possums, and armadillos each and every morning on the 30-mile trek to school.  But yesterday morning, I was praying to not encounter another menace to drivers, one not of the creature side of life.  I was indeed looking for another thing that could have crossed the roadways.

Water.

In the early morning hours of darkness, it would have been difficult to see what lie ahead for me as a driver.  I left early and slowed down, trying my best to anticipate whatever might be coming up in the next series of "s turns" that my route provides.  I made it with no difficulty yesterday and am praying to do the same this morning.

I have driven many miles this year as I went back and forth from here in Burkburnett to school in Petrolia.  It's a given that I'll put 300 miles each week on my car just to get to school and back.  So far, I am thankful to say that it has been with minimal incident.  Once I nearly ran out of gas (totally my own fault), the transmission went crazy and I had to limp the last 5 miles home (now that's a Jeep issue), and I've avoided every encounter thus far with wildlife.  I'd say I've done well.

5:15 a.m.

Time to get ready to go and begin another new day.  Not sure what the day ahead shall bring and the only remedy that I know of for that is to go forward in faith.  One thing I do know is this.......

The good Lord above has been so good to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment