Friday, July 1, 2016

~wherever you should call "home"~

From along the Grand Mesa of Colorado~Good morning friends and family.

The time has come to say farewell to a beautiful state, one that was my home for two years. Mike and I  have been here for the past 3 days visiting our very dear friends in the communities of Montrose, Olathe, and Grand Junction.  Oh how we have missed seeing them all!  It's been wonderful to catch up with as many as we could and we wish to have had more time.  Some day we will come back to visit them all once again but until that day comes, we have memories of these moments together stored in our hearts.  

It has been strange to be here.  Mike and I both looked at one another during the course of the last 72 hours with smiles on our faces as we navigated ourselves through territory quite familiar to us.  Mike spent many years here and even though I only was here for two of them, I grew to love this place as well.  I fought being here like crazy for my first 3 months, homesick as can be for the life that I once knew back in Kansas but a sweet gift called "Olathe Elementary" took away every tinge of loneliness that I was carrying with me.  Things got better once I became a teacher in a small little place just up the road a ways from Montrose.  

I have said it before and I will say it again and again.  The people of that place saved me and I do believe that God sent them to me in my time of trial and heartache.  Thanks always to those good folks.  Last night we stayed at the home of one of those fine families and to the Corns, we are beholden.  I will never forget anyone here nor will I let my memories of the fun times we had together fade away. 

God blessed us, over and over again.

We will be on the road once more to Texas in about an hour or two.  Our new home is there and the wonderful thing is that wherever God has led us, we have found the most remarkable people who, just like the folks in this area of the world, have become our close friends and family.  There are many people that we do not yet know out there who some day will be "strangers no more" to us.  I like that possibility. 

I came to a realization last night, one that I know to be true.  God is certainly not finished with me yet.  He has plans in the works for something magnificent to happen to me in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.  Somewhere out there I feel there are children who need me to be where I am in life and without a doubt there may be one or two more that particularly need me at whatever time they are in their own lives.  I rest assured in that fact and it actually gives me peace of mind to go forth from where I am at today.

So for now, see you again sometime Colorado! It's been nice to be with you but now it is time to go home.  Wherever you call "home" dear ones, may you be happy and at peace.


It was so nice to play in our old backyard yesterday as we visited the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  If you have never been here, you should really try to come out sometime.  You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment