Monday, December 5, 2016

~for the record, I did~

The sky was so strange as I left school today, filled with clouds of every design imaginable.  I don't think I've ever seen the heavens look quite like they did this afternoon.  Everywhere I gazed as I drove home along the way, clouds of all types and patterns were there to be seen.  For as far away as a person could look in any given direction, there they were.  I was so taken by their appearance that I stopped to capture several pictures along the way.  








I found myself loving the view, so much so that it took a while longer to make it home today.

Perhaps it is because I am getting older.  Maybe it could be that I realize the brevity of this life of ours.  Whatever the reason, seeing these clouds today was like a present to me.  They were the kind of gift that end up being worth far more than a swimming pool in the backyard or a fancy house on the edge of town.  Sadly, those examples of God's artwork were fleeting at best. The dark has come here in our part of the world and all that I have left of that beautiful sky are these pictures.  

I'm glad that I took them.

At age 61, I am at the point in life where I need very little to make me happy.  I have been systematically giving away many of my worldly possessions for the last couple of years and trying my best not to buy anything to replace them with.  It's working out pretty well for me.  I could be a minimalist pretty dang easy.

Time will tell.

Seeing that beautiful sky today was basically a free gift, given by the Creator by whose hands those clouds were made in the first place.  The only thing it cost me was a tiny bit of time and the willingness to slow down, even stop the car along the shoulder, and enjoy them just a bit.

For the record, I did.

Clouds have always fascinated me.  Mike and I went to the top of Cerro Summit in September of 2013 and took this picture of ourselves.  Up there the clouds look as if you could almost reach up and touch them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment