Sunday, May 27, 2012

One last message before I go.....

Making one last post before shutting down the computer later today and packing it with all of the things that are going along with me so very early tomorrow morning.  I'm not nearly ready but I figure that it will all come together somewhere along the line today.  


You know, I'm thinking a lot about YOU today....Yes, I said YOU!  If you are reading this, then you have been a part of the "bucket list" journey for me.  When I started this whole blog thing now exactly one year ago, I had no vision of carrying it along as far as I did.  As I look in my archives this morning, I've made over 300+ posts since this all began.  Sometimes I like to go back and reread what I wrote.  Many times, I've already forgotten what one was about and it's fun to reread it and see where I've been in life.  


Writing this blog has been the most remarkable therapy for me.  It has seen me through some pretty tough times.  When I go back to read what the early days of "old lefty's" predicament were like, sometimes I laugh at my stupidity and other times I cry in sorrow for the loss of the use of a limb for awhile.  But mostly, I just feel tremendously blessed in this life.  Things have not always gone the way that I wanted them to and I certainly would never have predicted things happening as they did.  At the risk of sounding like that proverbial "broken record" than I can, at times, be.....I believe firmly with all of my heart that my life has been played out according to "the plan".  I long ago gave up trying to understand it all and I just accept that this is what is supposed to happen to me.


Friends, as I get ready to leave to accomplish my number 1 item on the "Miller Bucket List", to go to Maine and see my very first lighthouse, I am thinking of you dear friends and family.  I've said it before and you KNOW I am going to say it again....What are you doing about your own bucket list?  Is there something you want to do, or see, or experience in what is left of your life?  The fishing is great in Minnesota~are you going there?  Learning how to play golf is probably not as hard as you think~are you going to try to learn?  Thinking about returning to school and getting your degree?~well what in the world is stopping you NOW?  Always wanted to ride on the back of a motorcycle VERY fast and live to tell about it?  It's FUN!  So get out there and do it!  If nothing else this year, choose one thing~just ONE thing that you've always had the desire for, the curiosity about, the "drive" for...and for crying out loud people, JUST DO IT!  (Sorry to the multibillionaires at the NIKE Co. for borrowing their motto.  If any of the Nike executives in their suits and ties wish to talk to me about the infringement problem, they can find me on the road to Maine.)


Even if no one ever read my "Bucket List" blog, I would still write it anyway.  Many of my difficulties and challenges in life have been solved or at least lessened in importance by sitting down at this computer and pounding away on the keys.  A great many tears, some of joy and some of sorrow, have fallen as I wrote each time.  But I'm so very glad that I did.  Thank you for reading it friends.


Well, I'm trading "daylight for dark" now so I have to get a "move on" and get things finished around here.  I will blog along the way and keep updates as to where I am on Facebook.  Hopefully none of my locations will be listed as "somewhere near the Wyoming border" cause if THAT'S the case, I'm gonna need a little help from you all :)  


Please don't worry about me~regardless of what I've said about being a "slow learner" in the past...I bet I turn out to learn very quickly on this journey.  I will be "ok".  The same God who knows where I am right now in Valley Center, KS. will still be able to tell me the number of hairs upon my head in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.  


Take care dear friends and have a wonderful Sunday morning!  Even now, today, I AM STILL MORE DETERMINED THAN I WOULD EVER BE AFRAID!  God's blessings to all you.


Jim Grier,  I figure that if you can go all the way to South America and come back alive and well, that surely I can go to Maine and back without getting lost more than a dozen times :)  It was sure great to see you all in Lawrence a few weeks back.  Haven people stick together, ALWAYS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment