Tuesday, February 9, 2016

~amazing how it all worked out~

I don't believe that I've ever drank as much hot tea as I have since marrying Mike, now nearly 3 years ago.  Seems like there's always a pot of hot water boiling on the stove at night and a cup with a tea bag steeping away.  My mom would wonder what had happened to me.  She was never a drinker of tea, hot or cold, and I'm sure her face would have a frown upon it at even the notion that her daughter was.

I guess she'd probably understand.

Funny how a person gets into the habit of doing things in a certain way, just like the drinking of tea at night.  Even just like the habit of writing in this blog, something I've been doing for a long, long time.    Any way that you look at it, I doubt there's any harm in doing either of them.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to guess that the both of them do me much good.

So here I sit tonight, sipping mint flavored herbal tea out of my favorite cup from Colorado, one that I got during my first visit to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park 3 years ago, just about this time.  I'm typing away on this blog post yet I really have nothing profound to say, as if I ever do.  But it just feels good to talk about how life is going and to send a message to anyone who reads this that I am doing just fine.  As a matter of fact, I'm doing better than just fine.  You need not to worry about me.  God is watching over me, even here upon the plains of Texas.  You know what?

I kind of like that idea.  It's reassuring to me.  Thus, what would I have to worry about?

Mike and I both agree that we really do feel a part of this great state of Texas.  We feel to home here and although it was a scary proposition to leave not only Kansas but Colorado as well, we are positive that we did the right thing.  Little by little, we have begun to figure out just why we were drawn here and it all started out with a circle on the map.

Back in March of last year when we were trying to figure out just where in the world we should locate in Texas, Mike got a pen and after looking at the map for about a minute, he began to make a circle.  It was a circle with Wichita Falls, Texas smack dab in the middle.  We had no idea why we would have chosen it.  Montrose, Colorado was 800 miles to the north.  It seemed strange but we knew without a doubt that we had been pointed in this direction by a hand much mightier than ours would have ever been.  Three months later, we were here.

Amazing how it all worked out.




No comments:

Post a Comment