Sunday, June 23, 2013

~but the greatest is love~

Good morning my dear friends and family~

It sure seems strange to say this but I am writing this post from the dining room table at "home" on East 14th Street in Hutchinson, Kansas, something that hasn't been done in now over a month.  I made the long journey back to Reno County yesterday in the early morning hours.  The "old" moon was shining brightly as I pulled out of the driveway at our home in Montrose.  Driving along the route that I have begun to know all too well in now, 7 times of driving it, there was sure a lot of time to think about life and everything that is a part of it.  

When I pulled into the driveway at home here, I was greeted at the door by the tall and lanky young man who now lives here~my son, Grahame Hemman.  How wonderful it was to see him and to put my arms around him for the first time in a month.  Has it only been a month?  Wow, surely seems forever.  And then, of course can't forget, the four-legged friend that lives here.  I was so happy that even after so very many days of being gone, that she remembered me too!  

                                                Our cat-Oblio the Roundhead

Last night as I slept back in my old bed here at home, old Obie was right there beside me.  I must have been worn out because it didn't take long to get to sleep and listening to that cat's "motor" purring all night long was a peaceful and nice remembrance.  When I woke up this morning, it was as if I had never been gone at all.  As I plugged in the computer and began to write this blogpost, she did what she has done every single other time that we have been together.  Used to be times that it was annoying to me yet this morning I was so happy to see her do it, that I could have cried.

                                                Oblio~the roundhead~Miller
                                             Blogger assistant, extraordinaire

The day will go quickly here and much I want to do before heading back tomorrow.  I just wanted to say "good morning" to you all and to let you know that I am alive and well here in the Heartland of the world once again.  Heading out to Haven soon to go to church there and then on to Valley Center to catch up with my dear mother-in-law and other family members there for a short while today.  Back to Hutch in the early afternoon hours to begin packing up the last of the things to take back tomorrow.  Please dear friends, have a wonderful day wherever it is that you find yourself on this planet of ours.  Life is good~


Through it all, please remember that in all things the verse from the "Good Book", 1:Corinthians 13, verse 7 is a good one to remember for any of us, for ALL of us.  

"Faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love."~

No comments:

Post a Comment