Thursday, October 27, 2016

~me, I just follow it~

God pretty much has the plan for my life all figured out.
Me, I just follow it.

6 years ago, I was committed to retiring from the field of education.  I had been teaching for 32 years and I just kind of felt like it was time.  I turned in my letter of retirement and at the end of that school year, I packed up my things and headed out the door.  It was easy in a way, yet even harder in another.   Still I did it.

God had another idea.  He wanted me to return and not just for one year, but for nearly 6 years thereafter.  So I did.

3 years ago, I was living alone and had been for over 10 years.  I was taking pretty good care of myself, all things considered.  I had learned what I needed to do in order to survive as a single woman.  I found a way to figure out how to take care of things around the house that I had relied on another person to do for most of my life.  What I couldn't figure out or do on my own, I just hired someone to do for me.  It was working out pretty well,  just fine as a matter of fact.  

God had another idea.  He wanted me to meet once again a young man who went to the same high school as I did back home in Kansas.  When the time was right, Mike came into my life. Although at first it was far from easy, we have now been married for well over 3 1/2 years.  It wasn't my idea to search out someone from my long ago past.  It was the desire of someone far greater in knowledge and wisdom than I will ever be.  All I had to do was to follow it.  So I did.

I never thought in all of my life that I would leave the state of my birth.  I'm a native Kansan and still very proud of that fact.  I had lived there for 57 years and been very happy.  Never had I sought out a new home.  I had planted myself smack dab in the middle of south-central Kansas and I was never leaving it.  You couldn't pull me away or make me leave, and if you tried to I'd go kicking and screaming all the way.

It's amazing how that "God plan" works.  Not only did I leave Kansas for Colorado, I ended up leaving Colorado for Texas.  All in the short span of 2 years time, I found myself with a brand new life and home.  Most of my uprooting has been done with blind faith and a deep connection to do what has been way pre-planned for my life.  It may have seemed a bit strange at the time, but I just had this feeling that it was the way to go.  

I still have the feeling that something even greater is in the works for me.  Not even sure what it is, but I've had this inner sense about it for the last few months.  Time will tell, that's for sure. In the meantime while I wait, I am very happy and content with where I am in life.  I can wait to see what it is.  One thing for sure is this.

It's God's plan at work and me, I just follow it.


We took this photo during the summer of our first year here in Texas.  In January of this year, we bought a house and laid down our roots.  It is here we hope to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment