Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mike + the Mechanics - The Living Years (1990 Grammys)

It may be 21 years old, but this song's message rings loud and clear today in 2011.  It was always one of my favorites by the group called "Mike and the Mechanics."  On the eve of my oldest son's birthday, I want to post it with the message:

Friends, May each generation some how be able to understand where the previous one has come from.  None of us can be sure what our parents had to go through, just as they didn't realize fully what their own parents had been through. Parenting is not easy, nor would you ever want it to be.  We have to go through a little bit of heart ache to fully understand the gifts that we are given.  The author of Christian devotional books, Max Lucado, likens the difficult times in our lives to being "set on God's anvil".  And with every mighty blow, God is reshaping us, refining us to be better people than we already are.

I say to my son, Ricky and to his brother, Grahame, and their sister, Ursela as well...Thank you for all the times when you might have thought about looking for a different mom (LOL, LOL) but you didn't.  For all the times, I would not have made a good candidate for "Mother of the Year"...thanks for giving me a second, third, and even fourth chance to do better.  To have given you life has been the greatest reward I have ever felt....the #1 thing on my life's "bucket list" was to be just that....Your Mom.  I love you kids with everything in me.  May we have many more good and memorable years together.  God bless you!  MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment