Monday, May 11, 2015

For What It's Worth

And for what it's worth~

The weather has calmed down here and finally at long last the wind has kind of stopped blowing.  The moon shines above and just outside my vantage point from the kitchen window, I can see it staring down at me.  The coffee pot has just brewed cup #2 of coffee (decaf of course), and Crosby the cat is lying atop the kitchen table where I am writing the words to this post.  She's turned into a cat so much like my old Oblio and I think of that from time to time.  

Obie back home in Kansas doing what she loved to do the best.  
Crosby here in Colorado doing pretty much the same.  

Sally the dog and her good friend Crosby are going with us as we make the move to Wichita Falls in two weeks.  It will be an interesting journey to be sure.  Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.  I don't think that Crosby will go quietly, that's for certain.  

Our life is being lived by lists these days, some of them short and others quite long.  We've tried to label the boxes that are packed for moving but to be right honest, if I had to tell you which box holds any certain thing, I doubt that I could.  Although we think we are about 80% ready, the last 20% may take longer to get together than all of the rest has been.  It's the little things that you figure you will probably need right to the end as well as the stuff that ends up being labeled~

"Miscellaneous Stuff" which in all reality means that we didn't know where to put it so we just threw all of it in a box to sort out in the future.  May we have a show of hands here?  Ever been there?  Ever done that?

The days at school are quite numbered now with only 7 1/2 remaining.  The times flies each and every day.  The challenge and ultimate goal in these final days is to keep some learning going, everyone busy and happy, and to make as many memories as you can.  A week from Wednesday, come noontime, they will be dismissed to go home for the summer.  It will be a long, long time before I will ever be able to see them again.  My wish for them is to be safe this summer and always of course, to be happy and to enjoy their life.  

I do not know what lies ahead in the weeks upcoming and for that matter, what even will happen today yet I don't worry about it all the time.  The same God that brought me clear out here to Colorado will be on the road with us as we travel to Texas and it is in that knowledge that I put my trust.  

And that's for what it's worth.  




No comments:

Post a Comment