Sunday, May 10, 2015

~the view from a different window~

From rain soaked southwestern Colorado, a very good Mother's Day morning my friends.  

Life has been most fast and furious as of late and the stacks of boxes in each and every room of this old farmhouse bear witness to the fact that a change is in the making.  The time for us to leave and move away is coming soon to be at hand and with each day that passes by, we realize just how much there is to do.  Yet even in the "organized chaos" as I like to call it, life is still good and continues on as it should.  God always blesses us and when a person really stops to consider it, that's a pretty awesome thing.

Mike is a pretty good sport about a lot of stuff and taking pictures is one of them.  We have taken countless of them in the two years that we have been married and living here together.  Yesterday when we finished our walk while we had a brief respite from the rain and snow, I grabbed a camera and we headed to a spot by the old Cottonwood tree at the end of the lane to take this photo.


Even Sally the Dog got in on it but it appears she was a little distracted by something off in the distance.  

I will kind of miss those old trees when we move away.  It was one of the first things that I noticed when I came here.  Eight of them stand tall, ringing the yard to the front and to the side.  Always have I loved the Cottonwood, my home state of Kansas' official tree.  Back in Kansas I never had the chance to live with even one in my front yard but in Colorado they are everywhere.  I love the gentle sound that they make in the summertime when their emerald green leaves blow in the breeze.  I have always imagined some pioneer mother who would try to gently rock her baby to sleep on the prairies to the "lullaby" those trees would sing.

I've taken other pictures in the last 24 months and now that we are getting ready to leave for Texas, I'm very glad that I did.  One that I took many times was the one shown below.  It is the view out of our kitchen window and what inspired me to change the name of my blog to "The View From a Different Window".


This was last evening after the sun decided it was safe to come out for a while.  They are literally covered with snow and I don't think that it is going to be leaving any too soon.  It has been a spectacular view that is for certain.  

There have been plenty of other pictures that I'm glad I took including ones like these.
Our first Christmas together as we stood by the old tree, December of 2013.
I loved this one, taken as we drove near Ridgway, Colorado.  It's a fixer upper for sure but it definitely has possibilities.
January of 2014, our very first snowman.  We called her "Eleanore".  
Finally at long last, I got to visit Utah.  I've been so close to it all this time but we just never went over there.  On the way back from California in February we stopped to see some of the sights that magnificent state has to offer.  So glad that I did and some day we are going back.

It will be different, this move upcoming, but we will make it just fine.  It's never all that fun to pack up and leave a place but it always works out the way it was intended to.  Sometimes it is best to look at life as the adventure that it is meant to be.  I liked the way that a good friend phrased it just yesterday as we were talking about the move.

"Sometimes in life, you just have to take a big chance."

Come two weeks from now, we are going to do just that and you know what?
I think we'll make it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment