Monday, June 1, 2015

~what really matters is that you see it~

And so there is beauty here in the area of the world sometimes called "Texhoma".
It's a different kind of beauty than we were used to in Montrose, Colorado but that's ok.  It's supposed to be different.

The beautiful San Juan Mountains are no longer the view we see each day as we awaken from our slumber or when we lay our head on our pillows at night.  Old Silverjack is only in my memory now.  The Black Canyon of the Gunnison is not in our backyard and the Grand Mesa does not loom in the distance.  Those were all such magnificent things to see each day in our life back there nestled deep in the Rocky Mountains.

But now life is different.
A whole lot different.

This morning when I got up and started the coffee pot to going, I looked out the window and noticed how pretty the sky was.  A thousand shades of blue and pink and purple were on display in the sky.  It was a picture of sunrise that was begging to be taken and so rather than wait for the coffee to get finished, I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my car keys as I headed out of town for a mile or two as I looked for the best vantage point to take a picture.  The picture really doesn't do it justice but I'm glad that I could witness it in person.

I took picture after picture and marveled at how the good Lord manages to put such brilliant hues into the sky.  The Master's palette was filled with a thousand different shades of every color.  Whether that work is on display along the plains of Texas, the prairies of Kansas or back in the mountains of Colorado, really doesn't matter.

What really matters dear friends is that you see it.








No comments:

Post a Comment