Monday, May 2, 2016

~"plans to give you hope and a future"~

Pictures that make me smile~
I've been going through old photos that I've taken over the years and realized I have taken so many of them that I truly had forgotten some of them.  Some are shown below.  I've had a great life, full of rich experiences that I will never forget.  All the people that I have encountered along the journey have helped to shape me into the kind of person that I was destined to become.  Have a great evening friends and family!  I'm alive, well, and thriving here along the Red River in north central Texas.  God has been so good to me.




 One of the wonderful women that I took care of when I was a CNA back home in Kansas.  Vera was such as sweetheart!
 Katie and I!  We always got along well together.  I took care of her too when I was a CNA back at the Wheaton House at Mennonite Manor in South Hutchinson, Kansas.  We had two things in common....we were both short and both of us were teachers.
 A sweet young man who wanted to take on some baby quails as a project at Lincoln Elementary back in Hutchinson, Kansas.  He needed someone to help him out a bit and the someone ended up being me.

 Dennis, Dennis, Dennis~not sure what else to say about this picture.
 I was the recipient of this wonderful hand bag made totally out of duct tape during summer school back home in Hutchinson, Kansas.  What a unique gift from one of my students.
 Visiting the library back in Owego, New York and taking along a flat person from Kansas.
 Year #2 as a teacher at Haven Grade School, back in Kansas.  Oh to be 26 once again.....
 Getting ready to shoot a gun for the very first time at the gun range in rural Hutchinson, Kansas.
 Ok, so maybe jumping the curb wasn't the smartest of things to do that day.
 The tall and the short of it~such a fine young man!
 Joan was a sweetheart.  We met at Lincoln where I was teaching and she volunteered with various classes.  Two years after this photo was taken, Mike and I were married on the last day of school in front of all the kids and staff.  She took her place alongside my children, standing in for my mom.
 The front door of the Presbyterian Church in Owego, New York.  I loved that massive structure and this impressive front door.
 No more casts!  The last one in April of 2011 was gladly removed by Dr. Chan.
 Not the way the good Lord intended for it to look!
 The urn I am going to use for my cremation ashes.  It's a nice container and one that I've held onto for a long time.  Not planning to use it anytime soon!
My dear friend, a former teacher and now a missionary for the Lord.  I admire Collette so very much.
 Meeting my good friend Scott for the first time back in Wichita, Ks. in April of 2013.  His sister took good care of my mom when she lived at the nursing home in Hutchinson.
 One great school cook!  Desi took good care of us!  I never saw her without a smile on her face.
 Everyone needs a friend like Craig~We were in the same class from the 8th grade on through high school and graduated together in 1973.
 What a dear friend this woman became!  She helped us pull off our wedding back in May of 2013 by taking care of the Boys/Girls club members so the kids could all witness our wedding.  We never forgot your kindness Darlene!
This kid I know from the "land of long ago and far, far away...."
Meeting the mayor of Owego, New York and enjoying a great breakfast.  Kevin Millar takes great care of his village.
The last class that I was ever supposed to teach~May of 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you....plans to give you hope and a future."
From the "Good Book, Jeremiah 29:11~

No comments:

Post a Comment