Wednesday, January 18, 2017

~and what a gift that is~

     In the early afternoon hours I returned home today.  The trip back from south central Kansas was a little bit on the long side and every once in a while I found myself getting tired of the drive.  I've learned after spending so much time on the road in the past 4 or 5 years that it's a good idea to stop and get out when you find your eyelids getting heavy.  The last 100 miles got a bit much.  

     I was surely glad to get the chance to return to my home state and spend time with my family as well as dear friends.  I never cease to be amazed at the way Hutch changes and yet stays the same as I remembered it.  One thing that makes me feel good is this.

     It is nice to be able to go home again.  

     Lots of memories have a way of rushing back at me when I return to Reno County.  99.9% of them are always good ones.  The ones that are not so good will never take up room in my heart or my thoughts. I choose to remember the many blessings I have been given rather than the heartache.  I am finding that it works out much better for me that way.

     It's strange the way life turns out, you know?  It seems we are constantly on a path that takes us from one place in time to the next.  Sometimes the road is a little on the bumpy side and other times you get lost along the way.  Sooner or later you find yourself, leastwise it's the way it has worked out for me.  What a beautiful thing it is on life's journey to cross paths with just the right people at just the right time in life.   Sometimes it takes a while for that to happen, but when the time is perfect, they meet up with you along the way.

     And what a gift that is.

Good night to sweet Kansas and all of the people that I call family and friends back there.

      

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Skylar! That is a special tree back in Kansas. It's called by two names. "The honking tree" is one of them and I always call it "the lucky tree". It's been there FOREVER. I'm glad you are reading my blog. I hope you are doing well in school. So good to hear from you. I hope you are still writing!

      Delete