Friday, August 26, 2011

all things in perspective

Can't believe I slept through the night--figured I'd be tossing and turning with anticipation of heading back to the "land of miracles" today.  Instead, I ended up sleeping "like a log" all night long.  Geesch, in fact it was just like that the night before, come to think about it.


For the past 3 weeks, I've had to sleep flat on my back, with "old lefty" propped up on a pillow.  I'm a "fitful" sleeper, even on a good day, so usually by the time I'd wake up a few hours later, everything on my bed (me and "old lefty" included) would be strewn to "Jones Corner" and back!    It was the weirdest thing- Wednesday night as I went to bed, I decided to lay on my right side for some goofy reason.  As I turned onto my right side, I tucked my left arm around a pillow next to me-as if I was hugging someone.  And I couldn't believe the feeling- can only liken it to a dozen angels being there and carrying the load for me.  For that brief moment in time, the cast felt "light as a feather" and it was great.  And for the "angel part", I do believe~just one more time they've rushed to my aid~and friends, thank the good Lord above for that and for a whole lot of other things we never even consider each day.


I have a few concerns as I wait to see the dr. this afternoon.  My fingers are still somewhat swollen, even 3 weeks later.  I have movement in all of them now, somewhat limited, but moving all the same.  The only finger that has complete feeling (the middle one) now goes by the name "Lucky".  The rest are in various states of "numbness" with the thumb seeming to be the worst of all.  So, just have to wait and see what the good doc says.


Looking forward to getting this yucky old cast off this afternoon and getting the stitches OUT!  Before leaving school today for this appointment, I'm gonna throw in my own personal staple remover and sharp scissors--just in case the dr. isn't moving quick enough for me!   And hopefully the news will be good--and if it's not, then I pray to be able to accept it and humbly move forward--and to know that it's just a part of His plan.


Friends and family--please have a great day today!  August 26th, 2011 is indeed a great day to be alive!  Rejoice in it! I love all of you dear friends and thanks for helping me get over  this "bump in the road".




The MOST beautiful sunrise I will EVER see-on Eales Road, south of Hutch-Saturday, July 16th, 2011~~

No comments:

Post a Comment