Wednesday, September 14, 2011

for the 10-year old living inside me

For the price of a 4-pack of Play Dough and 1 giant book of stickers (under $10 in all) I've decided to try to make "physical therapy" a whole lot more fun....and you remember the "10-year old" in me?  Well, she is thrilled beyond belief to have fun playing once again.  Take a look at my "neon" snowman, made totally with "old lefty", shown below.  I know she's not perfect and rather than a stove pipe hat (cause old lefty's not THAT good yet) she's just sporting a little beret.


To my good friend Dennis Ulrey, I would like to say, for the "record", that this is the only kind of snowman that Peggy Miller even likes to see!  But after the hot Kansas summer, I may end up changing the way that I look at winter.


Seriously, playing with play dough really seems to help the left hand, wrist and fingers.  It's painful but the longer I do it, the more good I see it doing.  And for under $3 a pack, it's actually pretty cheap therapy!  (and you can have the fun of being a "kid" again without anyone asking questions.)


As for those stickers, I'm going to keep practicing peeling off those things with my left hand until I can do it without crying.  LOL  


May be an "unorthodox" approach to physical therapy but I figure in my current condition, I've got nothing to lose!  Have a great evening family and friends.  I've GOT to get back to my play, oops, make that therapy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment