Saturday, February 15, 2014

the view from a different window

Good morning dear friends and family from home here along the Western Slopes of Colorado.  The sun has not yet arisen and for the most part our little house is quiet.  Save for Sally the dog who comes out from time to time and asks for her belly to be rubbed, I'm the only one awake.  I like the early morning quiet and I find much peace in it.  Always have, always will.  If I'm around in my even older years, I'm pretty sure that I'll be much the same.  There are much worse things to say about yourself, I suppose. 

Yesterday I decided that after 3 years time of writing a blog called "Peggy's Bucket List Journey of 2011" that it was time to make a change in its title.  More on that later but after a long deliberation of about 3 minutes, I came up with a new name for it.  Thus a new moniker, "the view from a different window" has come forth.  More on that later as well. 

My life has changed so very much since the early days of writing this blog to chronicle my journey in life.  The original days of having an online diary to tell about my first venture in the Bike Across Kansas gave way to my development of a bucket list for my life.  Then came "old lefty's" saga and it just went on and on and on from there.  The original plan was to write only for a couple of months but well, you know how that went.  Being able to sit down at the computer keyboard and write out my thoughts has been a lifesaver to me and I don't say that lightly.  It really has been.  I hope to always write and when I am long gone from this earth, perhaps my children and grandchildren can sit down and reread my stories of life here.  It's a gift for them from me.

I've been thinking about a lot of things, thousands of them in fact as of late.  Too many of them to go into now but one thing I know about my life is that it has been most blessed and when I stop to think about it, I have been privileged to have seen the view from many windows. I hope you don't mind, but I'd love to share some of them with you now.  Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.  May you be at peace with life.  I love you guys, one and all.  I hold tight to you in my heart.

The "view" from atop the Grand Mesa in June of 2013.  It was Mr. Rex McMurray's "topographical" map of the world right before my very eyes.  The sight was so breathtaking.
 
 
 
 The "view" of my hometown Haven, Kansas through the car window of my dear and sweet friend, Tori Graf.  In my early days of homesickness last summer, she took the photo while they were travelling home from Wichita and posted it for me on Facebook.  That little glimpse of my old life meant so much to me as I saw it from my new home over 600 miles away.


The cold and icy "view" from the top of the world LOL, well at least the top of this flatlander's world, Monarch Pass in February of 2013.  I learned quickly to have respect for winter time travel and elevations of over 10,000 + feet.  There's a good reason this photo looks cold and icy.  It was.
 
 
The "view" of the mighty Gunnison River as it pushes through the Morrow Dam by Blue Mesa Reservoir, not far from our home here in Montrose.  I love the area of the Black Canyon.
The view of the deer herd that came through our yard each and every morning throughout the summer and autumn months.

The "view" through their eyes......

and the roundhead's eyes.......

 
                                                            and a "lover of snakes" eyes......


                                                   and ALWAYS through their eyes......


                                  The "view" I was blessed to see for nearly all of my life......


And the "view" I now see every day here along the Western Slopes of Colorado....

                                              Through his eyes......   I'm blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment