Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dan Fogelberg - Part of the plan





A very sweet good morning to all of you, friends and family.  It's the quiet of the early morning hours here on Whidbey Island and I have to stop to even think about what time it really is.  My laptop is registering the time back home in Kansas, my cell phone the local time here on the island and my watch says the hour in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.  When you look at it as such, it's kind of like being in 3 places at once and that's quite a feat for a scatterbrained person such as I am.

This has been a good journey and although it will soon come to an end, a lot of memories have been made here for me.  After the wedding is over and I catch a quick few hours of sleep, Grahame will take me over to the mainland where I will catch a plane in Seattle to head back to Colorado.  From here, Grahame will continue driving on his journey back home to Kansas. Prayers for safe travel home for all concerned~it's been a blessing to be here, no matter how many miles it took for us to do so.

You never know in this life of ours, just what "plan" it is that is in store for you.  Sometimes, just when you think you have life all figured out, the Lord sends you a different way.  It's happened to me so very many times and I'm going to guess that most of you have had similar things happen to you as well.  When I gave birth to my first child, now nearly 33 years ago, I never dreamt that I would be here today, over 2,000 miles from home to be a part of his special day.  I only hoped on that day in October of 1980 that I would give birth to a healthy child and that I surely did.  Ricky's life has all played out as a part of the plan just as mine has and all of yours too has done.  And guess what?  I don't think God's quite finished with me yet~nor with any of us.  When the time comes that it has been completed for me, then I want to look back on it with the knowledge that I embraced every chance, each blessing that was given to me and that I did something to have made a difference in the world I lived in.  I pray that for my children and I pray that for you as well.  May that surely be so~

Well, it's time to get moving.  I get to become a "mother-in-law" today and I could not be happier!  Thanks for all of the good wishes for safe travel for us as well as a wonderful married life for Ricky and Angie.  We are doing fine and readying ourselves for the hour at hand.  Soon, there will be a happily married husband and wife on this island and they are ready to continue on the journey together.  Have a great weekend everyone out there!  Much love and good wishes to all of you, our dear friends and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment