Monday, July 16, 2012

DAY'S END

I ended today, July 16th, 2012 the very same way that I ended the day on July 16th, 2011~I chased the sunset.  And I let the clothes go unfolded, the trash yet to be taken out, the carpet in desperate need of a vaccuum, and if I don't clean out Obie's litter box pretty soon she may be forced to seek a better place to live (LOL).  Oh yeah, sure hope that the plants in the backyard will forgive me for not watering them today.  But really, none of those things mattered to me.  I wanted to see the sun go down here at home in south central Kansas.  Friends, I was able to do just that and I don't think I've had more fun on a Monday night than I've had tonight.  Grateful for even these, the littlest of things.


Just for tonight, I forgot about a huge part of the nation facing drought conditions and the partisan bickering of the presidential race of 2012.  Yes, I know the country of Syria is involved in a civil war and that Penn State football will never be the same.  And the paper goes on and on of the troubles and trials we are facing in our lives today.  Yet for tonight, I chose to find the sunset and take pictures of it, marvelling all the while at how on earth God could have thought to make all these things around us.  And you know what?  It felt kinda good to concentrate on something way more uplifting~ like living life!


So for what it's worth...this has been a pretty great day.  Things didn't go 100 percent like I wish they would have but I think 99 percent is pretty dang close.  I had some fun and learned about myself along the way.  I don't think you could ask for anything more in this life.  I'm pretty much set.  


Good Night to you all my dear and wonderful friends and family.  #9 is officially crossed off the list~and since I didn't have to jump any curbs to do it, I think I will be ok.  






The sun goes down behind the trees of a Reno County farmstead tonight.




The sun as it is setting over a farmer's field of corn, south of Hutchinson on Broadacres Road tonight.


The sun sets in the western sky tonight, giving off its last glows of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment