Sunday, April 14, 2013

Friends, I will remember you~part 1



The last of my bucket list wishes for "Kansas" is~To meet all of my Facebook friends in person, buy them something to drink, and talk about life for a while."  From now, until I leave in late May for Colorado, I'll be posting on these blog pages the wonderful friends and family that I've had the blessing to know and love.  I've been working on this bucket list idea since 2011.  I wish that I could somehow connect with ALL of you before I go.  I know that will be impossible~ Even though I will be 611 miles away from here, in my heart I shall always keep you close by me.  For in all of the ways that you guys have "blessed" my life, I surely do give my thanks.  This page is the first of many to come~I have been so fortunate in this life.




Anita Schmidt-we worked together as CNAs in long-term health care at the Wheaton House on the Mennonite Manor Campus.  If you ever need someone to take care of you or your family members in the years to come, you can only hope it will be someone as kind and loving as this dear lady is.  (Applebee's-summer of 2011)

Annetta Grandon Hoffman-my very dear friend from high school.  She was a member of the class of 1972. This summer I hope to visit her at her home in Denver.  It will be nice to have a friend from so long ago living in the same state that I will be in!  (IHOP-summer of 2011)

Kevin Millar, the mayor of the beautiful New England village of Owego, New York.  He helped me with the answers to lots of questions as I planned my bucket list journey to NYC.  The people of Owego should be most grateful to have a man like Kevin as their mayor.  He looks out for all of their interests.  (Owego, New York-spring of 2013)

Kristy Krell Wayman, one of the students in a first grade class that I taught at Haven Grade School in the very early 1980's.  How wonderful to see the woman that she grew up to be. So very proud of her and all that she has made of her life.  In this "teacher's heart" of mine, she will always be that quiet little girl that I used to know. (Yoder, Kansas-winter of 2013)

Tori Graf and little Ella, a wonderful mom to one of the students at Lincoln Elementary named Emma Graf and a very good friend to me as well.  Her blood runs K-State purple~ There is nothing that this woman cannot do, seriously friends.   (Hutchinson, Kansas-winter of 2013)

Catherine Schmidt Fletcher, Annetta Grandon Hoffman, Toni Kuntz Hiebert and Joyce Bennett-a quartet of great friends from the "land of long ago and so very far away"...Haven (Ks) High School.  Dear, dear friends who are as nice and kind today as they were way back then. Whenever we get together, we laugh our fool heads off!    (Haven Fall Festival-fall of 2011)

Collette McGuire-my dear friend from long ago.  She also taught at USD 308 and upon retirement kept right on going, now a missionary-teacher to the Phillipines.  A dear and sweet friend.
(Manhattan (KS)  Baptist Church-spring of 2013)

Mike Renfro-who would have ever thought? From the "land of long ago and so very far away."  My Facebook friend first~Looking forward to a beautiful future with him in Montrose, Colorado come this May 21st.  A "gift", a "blessing" whom I love.
(Ouray, Colorado~early January 2013)

Linda Maudlin-my son Grahame's "other mother".  Mom of Grahame's good friend, Lindsay.  A kid cannot have enough mothers some days in this world of ours.  Thankful for the good influence she had upon him.
(Hutchinson, Kansas~spring of 2011)

Marlen West-my dear friend from the days of working at Good Samaritan in Hutchinson and then as my ESL aide at Avenue A Elementary.  She helped me in the adult English class that I taught for our parents at school~a special friend always.
(The ETC shop, our favourite hang out here in Hutchinson)

No comments:

Post a Comment