Sunday, April 14, 2013

Friends I will remember you~part 2

My last remaining item for the Miller Bucket List here in Kansas~"To meet each of my Facebook friends in person, buy them something to drink and talk about life for awhile."

10 more blessings to count~

One of my dearest friends ever, Carol Stockton.  We had the chance to see James Taylor perform in the spring of 2011 and America in the spring of 2012.  A fellow teacher at Lincoln Elementary for two years, my friend for life.  Love you Carol! (right before leaving for the James Taylor concert, spring of 2011)

Tonya Saiz and Patti Mazur-Fellow teachers and my good friends from  Lincoln Elementary.  We loved to ride bikes together for fun, exercise and fellowship!  I miss these two ladies~wonderful teachers and beautiful human beings.  (after a 15 mile ride together, May of 2011)

Robert (Bob) Hunter-We became friends in 1986 and rode many bicycling miles together.  We attempted our first BAK the same year in 1987.  He kept me out of a lot of trouble in the early years and to him, I am most beholden.  A great guy!  (after a ride on the path, May of 2011)

Amy Beal Hirst-I was her teacher for the first grade at Haven Grade School.  She was a beautiful little red haired girl who grew up to be a wonderful wife, mother and special friend to me.  I never forgot her and am so proud of the person she became in life.  Couldn't have made this teacher any prouder! (Hutchinson, Ks. Autumn of 2012)

Shelley Rodriguez-my bicycling companion in preparation for the Bike Across Kansas 2011.  Shelley and I were fellow teachers at Avenue A Elementary here in Hutchinson.  So much fun to have a good riding companion along to cheer me up as I went along.  I made it halfway across that year but Shelley and her husband Clint made it all the way!  Proud of you friend! (a very cold spring day in 2011)

My younger sister, Cindy Daniels and my older sister, Sherry St. Clair-Although we haven't always seen things the same way (and what siblings do?) we still love one another.  We have enough memories stored up of our lives growing up on our family's farm that we can tell stories for years to come.  We have shared many laughs and many tears together.  Proud of them both. (IHOP, Hutchinson~January 2011)

Kristy Farley and Lori Johnson-fellow teachers at Lincoln Elementary here in Hutchinson.  Two friends who helped me a lot when my arm was broken forever, it seemed.  They clipped my fingernails, tied my shoes, helped me put on jewelry and provided hours of moral support. Would not have survived 9 months in a long arm cast quite as easily without them.  (Jump Rope for Heart-SAC, Hutchinson, Ks. October of 2011)



No comments:

Post a Comment