Monday, April 15, 2013

Friends I will remember you~part 3

Some day, when I'm even older than I am now, one of my many grandchildren (positive thinker here because I don't even have any yet) will come to visit me and say "Grandma, show me the pictures in that  big blue book again."  And when they do, with a smile on my face, I'll reach for a scrapbook containing the photos of over 250 of the finest people to have ever walked the face of this earth~if you are reading this, then you will be one of those good folks.

"To meet all of my Facebook friends in person, buy them something to drink and talk about life for awhile."  Miller Bucket List 2011, 10 blessings more~




Christopher Scott-my wonderful nephew~If you are looking for a guy with the biggest heart EVER, then look no more.  That would be this young man.  Hard to believe that the years flew by so quickly.  This was taken on one of the hottest summer evenings I can remember!  Your Aunt Peggy loves you very much!  (Haven, KS, summer of 2011)

Jamie Breitenbach Dodge-This very tall and grown up woman USED to be one of the little kids that was in the very first class of 1st graders that I taught at Haven Grade School.  She was a beautiful little girl then and remains so today~both inside and out.  With two little girls of her own now, she lives in Colorado.  Perhaps I shall see her one day out there. The day we met and took this photo was the first time I had seen her since the first grade. She hadn't changed one bit!  (Braum's in Hutchinson, Christmas time of 2011)

Scott Lees-Guess you could say that this guy is proof of just how small the world is these days.  I can't wait to get to school this morning and show my good friend, 5th grader Jaime Lopez, this photo.  Scott and Jaime are cousins and I wasn't aware of it until I met Scott over in Wichita on Friday of this past week.  Scott is recuperating from some serious health issues and is more than  ready to get the heck back home again.  There is a wonderful woman named Karina who is waiting at home for him and will take good care of him once he gets there. Talk about two very blessed people!
 (Wichita, KS, April of 2013)

Haddie Kent-See that girl in the photo, the one that is nearly as tall as me?  Well that would be my good friend, Haddie.  Haddie keeps me young and I dare say that some of the best hugs in the world have been delivered by her and her little sisters.  When I broke my arm, Haddie came over and helped me around the house.  She washed my hair numerous times so I wouldn't have to get my cast wet.  She has grown up so quickly and I'm very proud of her and the accomplishments she has made already in her very young life.  I love her and her sister Kinley, shown with me.

Ella Ensminger-Kinley and Haddie's sister
Ella is my youngest friend on Facebook.  She helps keep me out of trouble LOL~We have done many things together and had a lot of fun doing so.  When I was hurt, she and her sister would come over to help me out.  Ella was the official "towel girl" when Haddie would wash my hair over the kitchen sink.  You never realize, until you can no longer do for yourself, just how important the position of "towel girl" is.  I will miss seeing Ella and her siblings when I move but know that they will do just fine in this life.  Love you Ella!  (Hutchinson, KS~Christmas time 2011)

Jim Grier-my friend  from the "land of long ago and so very far away".  We went to high school together at Haven~he graduated two years behind me in 1975.  Growing up, Jim's parents had the local drugstore/pharmacy in town.  Hard to imagine him as both a father and a grandfather too!  He and his wonderful wife Nancy live in Oklahoma.  Have been glad to meet up with him and his good family at his mom's house a couple of times in the past year.  (Lawrence, KS-April of 2012)

Sara Grier and Nita Grier-These two lovely ladies, Jim's sister and  mom, have been my friends for a very long time...I guess you'd have to say a whole life time!  Nita has opened her home up to me several times in the past year and it's always been such a delightful time to go there and see all of the "kids".  All 4 of us have shared some great stories of what we remember it was like to grow up in the little town of Haven, Ks.  Sara and her husband Tom live in the KC area and Nita has a very nice apartment in the city of Lawrence.  The Grier Family are very good people, ones who would do absolutely anything for a person who needed a hand in something.  A privilege to know them.  (Lawrence, KS, April of 2012)



Jessica Scott-my niece, now living in Brooklyn, New York
How proud I am of her and what she has already done in her young life. It felt sad to not be able to continue on to NYC to see her this past month, after being hurt.  But I know that there will come a time again that perhaps I can go.  One thing I admire about Jessica is that even though she has lived in New York for several years now, she has never forgotten where she "came from".  She loves cycling about as much as her old Aunt Peggy does~the only thing different is that she doesn't do "stunts" on her bike.  Love you dear niece! (Haven, Kansas~Christmas of 2012)


Raimy Hester-This is my good friend and co-worker at USD 308 in Hutchinson,  Raimy was our school librarian at Lincoln when this photo was taken.  You know, I admire librarians and their love of the printed word.  A good librarian, just like Raimy, is such a vital part of the education of our children in school.  This gal knows every good book there is to know!  What would we have done without you?  Thanks for doing all that you do each day for the students and the staff at USD 308. (Lincoln Elementary, Hutchinson, KS~spring of 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment