Thursday, July 14, 2011

Remembering Ikarus

My life takes some of the goofiest dang twists and turns that I have ever seen!  Just when I think I can pretty much figure out which "end is up", something new is thrown into the mix.  People who know me know how frightened I am to fly in an airplane.    I've given up some chances to see my family members who live in New York and Florida, just because I don't want to step into a plane again.  It will be those people who won't believe what I tell them I am going to do tonight.


I just had a call from Morris Yoder, the gentleman who owns Skyview Power Parachutes.  Because of the terrible  heat, we've had to postpone the power-parachute idea for a while.  But Morris knew how much I was looking forward to going so he offered me an alternative to consider.  


Morris owns two ultra-light planes and he will be taking the one pictured above up this evening for a ride to the Gypsum Hills and back.  And, miraculous as it sounds, I'm going too.  That's right, I said I'm going too!  I have no earthly clue what it will be like but for some strange reason, I am not afraid anymore.


Hey, if it works and I survive, then I don't think I should be afraid to step onto a commercial airline and take off to points unknown.  So to Jessica in NYC, Sandi, Scotty, and Tony in Sarasota, and Mandy in Ft. Walton Beach....your Aunt Peggy MIGHT just become an air traveler yet!  


So my dear friends, please think of me tonight about 8 in the evening...boarding that ultra-light with "barf bag" at the ready!  (lol, don't worry!  :)  And while I'm up there, I'll be looking for the other half of the following Bucket List item...."To see the most beautiful sunrise and sunset on earth".


God has been so very good to me.....










No comments:

Post a Comment