Monday, December 19, 2011

SOME OF THE BEST MEDICINE!

With Grahame and Oblio, the round-headed cat, as my witnesses, I dutifully took my medicine today.  But I'm telling you my dear friends, the very BEST and most POWERFUL of healing prescriptions were never poured from these bottles on this cold and dreary December Monday.




For as thankful that I am that Percocet can take away my pain, Ibuprofen will slow down my inflammation, Colace will keep the old stuff moving along (yeah, yeah, yeah I know-that's a TMI moment), and Duricef will keep the bad bugs "at bay", these man-made chemicals have nothing on the "power of the human touch."  And this "one-armed schoolteacher" witnessed what the gift of human kindness not only LOOKS like, but FEELS like today.


I keep telling you that I am blessed beyond measure my friends and today as the recipient of some other mighty "powerful" drugs, I am here to attest to the fact that medicine alone cannot completely heal a person's wounds.  For these "gifts" to my, at times, ever sinking spirit and weary heart...I do so give my sincerest thanks......


~for the wonderful Christmas card that arrived in my mailbox today from someone I treasure and will always hold very close to my heart.............




~for the photo, all the way from Sarasota, Florida, of family members that mean so much to me




~for the message in my e-mail box this morning from a dear friend that said, "I'm praying for your arm to heal, Peggy." (even though I listened to his advice about learning to swim but didn't listen to his advice about NOT getting a tattoo(s) -thanks for still being my very good friend)


~for the beautiful amaryllis plant and card filled with money for us to use to "eat out" on while I go through these first weeks of recuperation and for the visit of a wonderful teacher and friend who represented an entire staff of THE MOST WONDERFUL PEOPLE EVER TO WORK WITH EACH AND EVERY DAY, my special friends and co-workers at Lincoln Elementary here in Hutchinson




~and for my family and friends who constantly check in with me and care beyond measure......
                                
  Well, do you see why I feel so very blessed ?


So, on this very cold and wintry night here in Kansas, I send to all of you, my family and friends who are scattered from one corner of this country to the next, my very best wishes for a safe, warm, and peaceful evening time.  Where would we all be without the love of one another?  I know the answer to THAT one--in BIG trouble!











No comments:

Post a Comment