Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day one

Greetings everyone from the garden spot of Scott County, Scott City. We made it in by noon today and found it to be a great day for riding. The skies were overcast most of the morning and it was cool. I am thankful to be riding with Clint and Shelley Rodriguez, fellow teachers and good friends. It is so good to have someone to do this alongside. 900 plus riders and they are of all ages. so far, 63 miles for me. In the a.m. We ride about 57miles to Ness City. I am hoping we can get there before the temps get too hot. Do not worry because I am drinking plenty to stay hydrated. There are sag stops along the way. People are very kind and friendly. All the little towns along the way are very. Welcoming to us. I feel blessed. And know that a thousand angels have Been watching over this group. Got my very first injury today, a blood blister from an unfortunate encounter with my tire pump! Don't ask, it was stupid error on my part! Lots of excitement when a nice gentleman got the men and women restroom mixed up! More later...well have to go! If I can locate Internet tomorrow, I will post from Ness City. I am fine so do not worry....love, Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment