Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Leaving One Iron In The Fire

Family and friends who know me well, will attest to the fact that Peggy Miller doesn't like to sit still for very long.  It seems like I always have to be doing something, even if it's really not all that important at the time.  If I don't have at least a dozen "irons in the fire", then I am not happy!  And after teaching for 33 years now, I believe I must have the "adult version" of Attention Deficit  Disorder.  Are any of the rest of you out there "with me" on that one?  (lol, lol)


Now it's time for me to start pulling some of those irons from the fire and allowing someone else the pleasure/responsibility for them.  As I make my way across the state with 900 other total strangers, I  have only 1 responsibility on my plate--to safely bicycle from point "a" to point "b" each and every day.  Grahame will "hold down the fort" here at home, with Oblio the cat as his "able bodied assistant."  Everything will be fine.


I am looking forward to not being busy doing 100 different things for a change.  It will be different for me, that's for sure.  I'm used to going on a "dead run" all day long and to give that up is going to require a bit of faith on my part that it will be ok.   My life has moved quite quickly, as of late.  Perhaps some of you feel the same way.  


Hey, for what it's worth...here's a quote from my favorite television show of a few years back, "Touched By An Angel" where Monica says, "Humbling yourself before your Creator and asking for advice is a sign of strength, not weakness.  It suggests that in a world that demands so much of you, there is One who knows who you really are, and loves you anyway."  



No comments:

Post a Comment