Wednesday, June 8, 2011

special remembrances

Little things that will make this journey one that I will NEVER forget:


having my bicycle "blessed" with the sprinkling of holy water


the guy that insisted on oiling my chain for me at one of the lunch stops


every "good morning" and "how are you doing?" that I heard uttered as a rider would pass by


the Catholic priest from Wichita--himself a rider on the BAK, who did the Saturday evening Mass for those who wanted to go to church


all the townspeople who came out all along the way-providing drinks and food and morale support for a bunch of hot and tired riders


NEVER EVEN SEEING A  DOG!  (that was a "Thank you Lord" moment)


the very sincere willingness of each and every person to share whatever they had with someone else who might need it-NO STRINGS ATTACHED


Out of 900 different people, I only ran into one person who was unkind....I was able to see humanity at its best, NOT at its worst.





No comments:

Post a Comment