Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One last ride.....

The Jim Martinez Trail in Hutchinson has been my "home away from home" for the past several months.  It's a wonderful path for cyclists to use.  The bike trail goes from Hendrix Street in Northwest Hutchinson  and ends 6.9 miles later near Highway 50 in Southeast Hutchinson.  The city of Hutchinson has done a great job in developing, not only this path, but another one in Northeast Hutchinson that goes from the 37th and Plum Street area over to the 30th and Halstead St. area.  There are plans, one day in the near future to connect all of the paths for a continuous loop around the city.  I'm sure looking forward to see it happen.  I took one last ride on the path last night and stopped by my old nemesis "the railroad trestle".  I made my peace with it at last.  My final two days of riding before leaving on Friday will be some hill practice on North Monroe, heading towards the Highlands.  It's been a wonderful ride!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment